Now for only $3,700 (was $3,900) until 4/30/17
Regular Aconcagua trips are 20 days long. We have shaved 10 days off the climb for you. You will still be able to successfully get a shot at the summit of Aconcagua, and in less time, because you have done your acclimatizing before you get there!
Our new program also includes the following options:
Helicopter flight from the trailhead to Base Camp, shaving 2 days off the approach to Base Camp (this is optional and will need to be arrange last minute depending on flying conditions. Cost is USD$1800 for 3 people) Call us for more info.
Rental of Altitude Training System – Hypoxic tent, ONLY available in the US & Canada (possibly the UK) for shipping. If you live outside of the US & Canada you can buy the system.
THIS WORKS! We have done some research and, IF YOU ARE WILLING TO SLEEP FOR 4-6 WEEKS AT HOME IN THIS TENT YOU WILL BE PRE-ACCLIMATIZED FOR ACONCAGUA. You can even watch a movie at home in your Hypoxic chamber, among other things, and regulate your elevation right where you are, increasing it week by week!
RENTALS: Hypoxico offers altitude training equipment starting at $175 a week. We offer a special Rent-to-Own program in which you can apply 8 weeks of rental towards the overall purchase price. The Rent-to-Own program is a great way to test the equipment and ensure it delivers the performance benefits you are looking for . WE CAN ARRANGE ALL OF THIS FOR YOU.
There are 3 main training methods used to gain the benefits of Altitude Training: Sleeping at altitude, Exercising at altitude, and Intermittent Hypoxic Training. Here is a fantastic overview of the different training methods and the performance enhancements of each method.
Nick Grantham on: Methods and Explanations of Altitude Training
The following physiological reactions have been shown to occur:
- Amplified pulmonary oxygen absorption
- Boosted production of Erythropoietin Hormone (EPO) by the kidneys, stimulating generation of Red Blood Cells (RBCs) and enhanced oxygen transportation through the body
- Increased capillarization for greater oxygen delivery to the tissues, muscles and brain
- Enhanced production and rejuvenation of mitochondria (the cell’s hub for aerobic energy production) and mitochondrial enzymes, allowing more efficient use of oxygen for energy production and superior enzymatic anti-oxidative defense.
Arrive to Mendoza, Sleep at the Mendoza Park Hyatt
Drive from Mendoza and Hike to Confluencia or Fly Into Base Camp
Hike to Base Camp or Rest Day
Carry to Canada – Stay in Mulas
Move to Canada
Move to Nido
Move to High Camp
Hike Down to Base Camp
Hike out to trail Head, Drive to Mendoza Park Hyatt. End of trip
- Professional Mountain Guides
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in Mendoza at the
- Mendoza Park Hyatt Hotel
- with breakfast buffet (1 night at the beginning of the expedition and 1 night at the end of the expedition)
- All land transportation
- All expedition food
- All community gear such as: tents, stoves, state of the art Base Camp, cooking gear, medical kits, satellite phones, radios, gamow bag, pulse-oximeters, etc.
You are responsible for
- Round-trip flights to and from Mendoza, Argentina
- Aconcagua climbing permit fee ($300 to $750 which you will pay in Mendoza, accompanied by your guide)
- Flight out of Base Camp to trailhead (cost is about USD$1,800 for 3 people ($600 each))
- Meals in Mendoza
- Personal equipment
- Personal items and services (laundry, snacks, drinks, tips, etc.)
- Expenses incurred in the case of a rescue or early departure from the expedition
- SAT phone charges
- *Porter fee (If used)