New - Climb Aconcagua with oxygen in 12 days
Climb Aconcagua with OXYGEN in half the time! A Game Changer concept!, "run" up the mountain, no more cold feet and hands, you will need a VERY strong Guide...so he can keep up with YOU!
Advantages among many:
Himalayan Training, familiarize with the system, success and safety increase, frostbite reduction, shorter exposure to High Altitude, shorter summit window needed, possibly done on less time (10 days total), more enjoyable, etc
We are pioneering again a new alternative way to climb Aconcagua, with supplemental Oxygen on summit day. You will be able to lower the mountain to about 1,000 meters (3,300 feet) So basically the 7,000 meter Aconcagua will feel like a 6,000 meter peak, increasing significantly your chances of summiting, feeling more rested, it is safer and it can shave even 2 more days off our already fast and successful 12 Day speed ascent.
We will have Summit System and on Demand System Available, Clients will be trained on O2 use extensively at Base Camp and briefly in Mendoza by their Guides.
Price Increases significantly, since a porter will carry your bottle/s to High Camp and then down to Base Camp, O2 is expensive so are regulators.
Some people have criticized using O2 on Aconcagua, but they use Porters, Helicopters, etc, using O2 is an option, it makes the mountain safer and increases significantly the chances to summit.
Regular Aconcagua trips are 20 days long. We have shaved 10 days off the climb for you. You will still be able to successfully get a shot at the summit of Aconcagua, and in less time, because you will be on Supplemental Oxygen the toughest day of the climb. We still encourage the Hypoxico Training System and come pre acclimatized, if you wish to use supplemental O2.
Our new program also includes the following options:
Helicopter flight on the way out Cost is USD $1,800 for 3 people, so $600 each) Call or write us for more info.
Rental of Altitude Training System – Hypoxico Tent, ONLY available in the US, Canada, UK and some other European countries for shipping. If you live outside of the US & Canada you can buy the system.
What is High Altitude Training?
THIS WORKS! We have done some research and, IF YOU ARE WILLING TO SLEEP FOR 4-6 WEEKS AT HOME IN THIS TENT YOU WILL BE PRE-ACCLIMATIZED FOR ACONCAGUA. You can even watch a movie at home in your Hypoxico chamber, among other things, and regulate your elevation right where you are, increasing it week by week! More info here.
There are 3 main training methods used to gain the benefits of Altitude Training: Sleeping at altitude, Exercising at altitude, and Intermittent Hypoxic Training. More info here.
There are 3 main training methods used to gain the benefits of Altitude Training: Sleeping at altitude, Exercising at altitude, and Intermittent Hypoxic Training.
The following physiological reactions have been shown to occur:
- Amplified pulmonary oxygen absorption
- Boosted production of Erythropoietin Hormone (EPO) by the kidneys, stimulating generation of Red Blood Cells (RBCs) and enhanced oxygen transportation through the body
- Increased capillarization for greater oxygen delivery to the tissues, muscles and brain
- Enhanced production and rejuvenation of mitochondria (the cell's hub for aerobic energy production) and mitochondrial enzymes, allowing more efficient use of oxygen for energy production and superior enzymatic anti-oxidative defense.
Come to the mountain already pre – acclimatized, from the comfort of your home. Using an Altitude Training System – Hypoxico Tent you can acclimatize before you get to the mountain.
Dates of Trips
2023 – 2024
Dec 2 – 13, 2023
Dec 9 – 20, 2023
Dec 27, 2023 – Jan 7, 2024
Jan 6 – 17, 2024
Jan 12 – Jan 23, 2024
Jan 20 – 31, 2024
Jan 27 – Feb 7, 2024
Feb 3 – 14, 2024
Cost for reserving: $800
Deposit amounts are insurable through Global Rescue and IMG.
Waiting List: If an expedition departure you are interested in is full, please contact us to be put on the expedition’s waiting list. In the event of a cancellation, qualified applicants will be able to get that new spot and register.
- Professional Mountain Guides
- Oxygen for summit day (more 02 available if needed at extra cost)
- Porter to bring your O2 for summit day
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in Mendoza at the
- Mendoza Park Hyatt Hotel with breakfast buffet (1 night at the beginning of the expedition and 1 night at the end of the expedition)
- All land transportation
- All expedition food
- All community gear such as: tents, stoves, state of the art Base Camp, cooking gear, medical kits, satellite phones, radios, gamow bag, pulse-oximeters, etc.
You are responsible for
- Round-trip flights to and from Mendoza, Argentina
- Aconcagua climbing permit fee ($700 to $900 depending on season) which you will pay in Mendoza, accompanied by your guide. South Americans pay about half of this amount and Argentinean Citizens about 1/4 of that amount.
- Flight out of Base Camp to trailhead (cost is about USD$1,800 for 3 people ($600 each))
- Meals in Mendoza
*PORTERS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE, BUT NOT INCLUDED, YOU NEED TO LET US KNOW IF YOU WISH A PORTER AND WE WILL HAVE IT ALL ARRANGED FOR YOU.
Porters cost from $160 to $320 per load carry depending on Altitude they carry to. You will need a maximum of 5 to 6 load carries from Base Camp to High Camp and back down to Base Camp again (about $1,200 USD), if you choose to have a porter for each carry, and move, and for the descent of the mountain.
Porters will be available at Base Camp. The final number of estimated load carries may be decided at Base Camp.
A Porter will be included only to carry your Oxygen to high camp for summit day.
- Personal equipment
- Personal items and services (laundry, snacks, drinks, tips, etc.)
- Expenses incurred in the case of a rescue or early departure from the expedition
- SAT phone charges
- *Porter fee (If used) . Porter is included to bring your summit O2
- Extra O2 besides the provided by us for summit day